Monday, May 18, 2009

Being Grateful


It was so cold this morning and I sat and thought about how grateful I am that I don't have to go out into the elements any more for my job. After nursing for 40 years and getting up early in the morning or coming home in the morning after a night shift, I really appreciate not having to get up in the morning or go out in the night and brace the cold. That set my mind thinking about all of the things I have to be grateful for, and the list went on and on. I think it is good to reflect on the things we have to be grateful for, and most often we don't have to look too far to see someone who has it worse than we do. Yes, I have the usual morning aches and
pains that go along with getting older, and of course my chronic neck pain from an "old football injury". Yes, it is true, it really is an old football injury. It happened when I was 16 years old and I was playing football with my five brothers. I always had to play with them so they could have three against three. On that particular day, my one brother threw me a pass and as I caught it, my oldest brother sacked me so fast. I didn't even see him coming it happened so fast. My body whipped to the ground and I heard my neck snap. That was the start of a life of neck pain and I have had problems ever since. The chiropractors say it was a whiplash, now I have some arthritis going on in the vertebraes. Even with all the pain I have endured with it over the years, I have something to be grateful for. I am grateful I didn't die!! It is my cross to bear and it's burden is very light compared to some things that others have to endure, so I try notto complain.I am grateful for my husband , my children, my grandchildren, and the list goes on. One of the things that I am especially grateful for is the talent that God has given me to do my designing and my artwork. It is what fills my life these days, and what a joy it is. After finding a way to incorporate my artwork into my stitching and quilting, I feel really blessed to be able to do it all. Thank You God! Today I worked on a new design for a spring pillow, I drew some wildflowers that I am going to use for the center panel. You can see it at the top of my post.I think I will use
some of the 30's reproduction fabrics arouind it, not sure how yet. Don't you just love the 30's??Doesn't making something springy just lift your mood or spirit? Until next time, just keep on stitching.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment