Friday, October 9, 2009

A Sign of Things to Come

Redwork Teapot
Today I finished this Redwork Teapot, and I really like how it turned out. It is fun to finish something; gives you a sense of accomplishment. However, this project is far from done as this is just the beginning. I can't tell you what it will become, but just keep watching and I will keep you up to date on the progress.
Can you believe that right now in Central Minnesota, October 9th, we have one inch of snow on the ground.? Well, it's true, if it wasn't dark outside I would have taken a picture and posted it, maybe I will do that tomorrow. We are suppose to have our annual Fall Fun day with our family, do a hayride, carve some pumpkins, eat my daughter-in-laws homemade apple pie. Not sure if the hayride will happen; it is also suppose to be very chilly and windy this weekend. But, we will have fun no matter what we do, hope all the grandkids will be feeling good, some of them have had the flu.
Went for a ride today through the State Park that we live near, on my way home from the beauty salon, the trees are just turning here, which is very late, but some really great color starting, however, with this snow and the freeze warning, there may not be a lot of nice color for very long. I have noticed that the birds are feeding more at the feeder already and they are really picking away at the suet. I love watching the birds in the winter, especially after we have a heavy snow. They come all crouched up to the feeders and sit there like little feather balls picking away at the seeds.
The clock is striking 1:00am so I think I better shut this thing down for the night. Enjoy my teapot!!
Happy Stitching! Carol

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see what else you have in store, this is lovely. Have a fun day today and hope its not too cold!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that teapot! I just added you to my Favorites list so I don't miss what is to come with it. I don't have a blog (yet)to share with you, but can't wait to see what's next.

    Hugs,
    TJ

    ReplyDelete