Thursday, February 8, 2018

Springtime Stitch Along Update!

This is a picture of a couple of rows I have sewn together from out Springtime Stitch Along, as you can see there is no real setting for the blocks, they are all different sizes, so because it is a Crazy Quilt, I add strips or a pieced quilt block, to fill in to make the rows come out to the same length. It is totally ad lib and now I will sandwich it and then I plan to hand stitch it and embellish it as I choose to. I plan to use Perks Cotton # 12 to do the hand stitching, and I will use several colors. It doesn't look like much yet but it will! So for those of you asking for a setting, sorry it is totally your call. Make it fun!. You can even add some Vintage embroidery to your quilt if you choose. It's a Crazy Quilt. Oh and this is half of the first two rows, I have the other half folded under it. I am also going to quilt it as I go, I plan on 8 rows of blocks, not sure if I will add borders or not at this point. I will keep you updated with pictures!
                                            Our link:  Chickadee Hollow Designs

Happy Stitching! Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment