Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Spool Souffle Quilt Along Fat Quarter Shop

We are so excited to be quilting along with the gals at the Fat Quarter Shop way down there in Texas!
 Where everything is bigger you know, and these spools are , but they sure are easy and fun! Here is a picture of my chosen fabrics when I first laid them all out before I first started sewing. One of the things that I do when I choose fabrics for a quilt like this is count the number of blocks and the number of rows, in this case it is 36 blocks so it 6 blocks by 6 blocks.I chose about 40 fabrics so I can eliminate one  or two when I start putting them together if I don't feel they work with the rest of them.
So I picked 6 color ranges that I wanted to work with, 6 reds, 6 golds, 6 blacks, 6 browns, 6 blues, and 6 greens. I also threw a few surprises in, a couple of pinks, a couple of purples. My fabrics are all reproduction fabrics as those are my favorites from some of my favorite designers, such as Judy Rothermel, Primitive Gatherings, Jo Morton, and Kim Diehl. So here they are, stayed tuned, i will keep you posted as I progress. I also chose a cream and tan small floral for my background fabric.

                                                       Spool Souffle Quilt Along Fabrics

                                           The video gives you a closer look at the fabrics.
                                             Stay tuned as I will be posting as I progress!


Happy Stitching! Carol
Chickadee Hollow Designs
"Where happiness is homemade and any day stitching is a great day"

No comments:

Post a Comment