Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

 Chickadee Chatter
Yes! We made it another year, didn't we?
Do you realize how awesome that is?
I am so excited about 2012 and have lots of new ideas and projects in mind. 
I have been quiet lately and I purposely did that. 
I gave myself a little two week
vacation from pretty much everything that busy's me during my normal routine. 
The only thing I did was get through the pile that was created by paper and boxes
left over after opening Christmas presents.
I told my children this year, there is not one thing that I need 
so don't spend your money on me for Christmas. I have way more than
I need and lots more than I deserve.
I am so grateful for all that God has given me in so many ways.
Needless to say they did find some things that were very nice presents, 
but things I could have done without. They are amazing kids,
and I couldn't be prouder of them, and they have raised 6 amazing grandkids
that are so much fun. Like I said I am 'blessed beyond measure."
Incidently that is the title of a new wall hanging I am working on.
Don't have pictures yet, but will send some as soon as I do.

**********
I also have selected some fabrics for some new projects
I am designing. The collection of fabrics are from the Taupe line by
Lynette Anderson for Lecein..
I fell in love with that in a big way and have all sorts of ideas floating around. 
So I am anxious to get started on those as 
soon as we turn the corner on these holidays.
I want to thank all of our loyal customers, it is so nice to hear from all of you. 
We get the nicest compliments from so many of you and it makes us feel 
very grateful for all of you. You are one of the reasons I keep on designing and
of course the other one is that I can't shut this mind off, which is a good thing!
I hope that all of you had an amazing year like we did. 
Just think we weathered the storms, the constant battles that seem to occur all too
frequent in other countries, the political quagmires that go on daily 
and will be at the forefront for the next year. Some of you had personal 
hardships with loses that some of us can't imagine, and there were wonderful new inventions, and some not so wonderful, but we did it.
We made it through all of that, so remember if you see someone without a smile,
give them one of yours, and be kind to yourself, your family, strangers you meet along the way, and above all be thankful for what you have, We are so fortunate,
He has blessed us all.
One of my little quilting partners are sitting here patiently waiting for me to be done with this! 
This is Mittens, she loves to watch me type and her little head follows
my fingers as they bounce along the keyboard.
Mittens
Happy Stitching! Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment